What is The Landing?
The Landing is for junior high and high school aged teenagers that have hurts they can’t deal with, hang-ups that have them spinning out of control, or who aren’t really sure what’s going on, but they know something is wrong. It is a SAFE place for teens to express themselves and learn necessary tools to find freedom and victory over their hurts, hang-ups, and habits.
The Landing is a 52-week journey based on the 8 principles found in the bible in the book of Matthew. By working through the Christ-centered principles among a community of peers and loving Christian adults, students gain access to tools which enable them to give their struggles to Jesus and find true healing and victory, as well as the tools for making wise life choices and developing healthy patterns for living.
When does The Landing Meet?
Every Tuesday @ Grace Bible Church Southwood Campus in the portable building near the parking lot from 7-9 PM
- 7:00p – Large Group
- 8:00p – Small Group (Gender specific)
- 8:40p – Debrief & Hang Time
- 9:00p – Pick up
Here are some things that make The Landing so exciting:
- It’s experience based. Instead of students learning in a lecture format, they get involved with the lessons. They’ll write, draw, talk, move, answer questions and much more.
- It’s 52 weeks and it never stops. Just like Celebrate Recovery, The Landing goes all year long. Our hurts, habits and hang-ups don’t take a break so neither do we!
- The lessons are based on the Celebrate Recovery lessons. Students will experience lessons like, Denial, Forgiveness, Spiritual Inventory, and all of the 25 Celebrate Recovery lessons in ways that apply directly to them.
- It has 22 high quality videos from our partners The Skit Guys and Igniter Media.
- Students will write out their inventories and their testimonies.