What is The Landing?
The Landing is a Christ-centered environment for 7-12th grade students to be honest and open about their hurts, habits, and hangups. It’s Celebrate Recovery for teenagers!
Whether addictions like alcohol or pornography, scars from the past like abuse or trauma, or ongoing battles with insecurities and fears, we believe the plan for growth is the same. We lead students through the Biblically based 12 steps by encouraging them to acknowledge and confess sin, make amends where needed, and continue to grow and give back.
The Landing is a place to be real, and to find real hope in a God whose redemptive power can overcome any struggle.
When does The Landing Meet?
Every Tuesday (52 weeks a year!) @ Grace Bible Church Southwood Campus in the portable building near the parking lot from 7-9 PM
- 7:00p – Large Group
- 8:00p – Small Group (Gender specific)
- 8:40p – Debrief & Hang Time
- 9:00p – Pick up
Here are some things that make The Landing so exciting:
- It’s experience based. Instead of students learning in a lecture format, they get involved with the lessons. They’ll write, draw, talk, move, answer questions and much more.
- It’s 52 weeks and it never stops. Just like Celebrate Recovery, The Landing goes all year long. Our hurts, habits and hang-ups don’t take a break so neither do we!
- The lessons are based on the Celebrate Recovery lessons. Students will experience lessons like, Denial, Forgiveness, Spiritual Inventory, and all of the 25 Celebrate Recovery lessons in ways that apply directly to them.
- It has 22 high quality videos from our partners The Skit Guys and Igniter Media.
- Students will write out their inventories and their testimonies.